Book Review of Lost: The Caelian Cycle Book 1
Sponsored by the Fantastic Flying Book Club
Welcome to Books, Books, and More Books. I am pleased to share this book with you. Thank you for visiting and please come again.
Release Date: June 19th 2015
Word Count: 48k
During WW1, a meteorite crashed, releasing a mist that changed the DNA of all who were exposed. One hundred years has passed and society is divided between the Norms and the Caelians, whose changed DNA awakened dormant gifts, called Talents.
Sadie is over it!
She’s an orphan, her boyfriend was murdered, and she’s the only Caelian at St. Vincent’s without a Talent. Once she turns 18, there will be no place for her in the world. That is, until a chance encounter with Kian, a Caelian boy who makes her feel uncomfortable and alive at the same time.
Secrets of her past are uncovered and Sadie’s latent, rare Talent is exposed. With great power comes the hunters, hired by an egomaniac who wants to use Sadie’s power to establish Caelian dominance. On the run with Kian and her friends, Sadie will have to decide: hide or fight.
Will Sadie accept her new reality or will she stay lost?
Hello! Donnielle here. I’m a new indie young adult author. When I’m not writing, I spend my time reading, binge watching Netflix, homeschooling my two children, and hanging out with my husband.
A few fun facts about me:
1. I began writing when I was in junior high. A teacher approached me with a poetry book and I fell in love. Writing poetry has helped me express myself through some of the darkest times in my life.
2. I am always reading something and own hundreds of eBooks. I thank the technology gods for the invention of e-readers. Series are my favorite. I love it when I feel like I cannot stop reading a book. My favorite genre is sci-fi and paranormal.
3. I am a HUGE nerd and enjoy every medium of nerdom from comic books to Magic! The Gathering.
4. I am a serious introvert and need plenty of alone time so I don’t go insane. Seriously! I will cut someone if they cut in to my “me” time.
5. I have a passion for holistic medicine and create many of my own household products. My kids and husband will ask for some “oils” when they aren’t feeling well. I love growing herbs to make my own blends of herbal tea.
6. I read YA almost exclusively. There is just something about it that calls to my heart above other genres.
7. When I read paranormal it’s either about shifters or faeries.
8. Writing has always been a passion and a dream. I had many jobs and they never fulfilled me the way writing has.
I love books about magic. In this story a fallen star gave certain people magic. However not everyone was happy about it. In fact, even the magical people weren’t sure how they felt about it. Many of the magical people thought it meant that they were the next step in evolution and all non-magics (norms) should be enslaved or dead.
The star of the book was born into the magical world, but didn’t have any magic…maybe. Find out what happens when she discovers her hidden talent.
I give this book 4 out of 5 clouds and eagerly await book 2.
This product or book may have been distributed for review; this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.